The remedy comes into its own for the treatment of panic attacks with nervous excitability, restlessness and anguish. The fear is intense, it often starts after a frightful experience, eg. car accident in a tunnel, a strong fright, or being stuck in a lift or small place (agoraphobia). This brings about a panic stricken state which comes on suddenly and intensely as it violently sweeps through the mind and body. Aconite is often indicated in ailments arising from bad news; seeing death before your eyes; injury (eg. accident); and surgical procedures.Read More
Homeopath practising in Blackheath, South East London; blogging about homeopathy and the homeopathic process.
Stramonium is an excellent remedy for a range of acute and chronic situations. It’s an effective remedy for PTSD, especially where death or the experience of a near death situation has been experienced, it is also a major remedy successfully used in the treatment of fear and anxiety.
Equally, Stramonium is also excellent remedy found in many common childhood acutes. The Stramonium picture produces sharp, intense and quite violent symptoms with characteristic night terrors, fear of the dark and impending danger, delirium and hallucinations, violent thirst and dryness of the mouth, lips and throat. The face is bright red and the eyes are dilated and wild.Read More
There are a range of anxiety remedies in homeopathy and Arsenicum Album is one of the best known. The Arsenicum picture covers a broad range of symptoms but what characterises it apart from other anxiety remedies is anxiety of health, numerous fears, restlessness, irritability and a strong dependency on other people.Read More
- There are more than 4,000 homeopathic medicines.
- Every true homeopathic medicine is made using one substance -- whether plant, animal or mineral.
- Remedies are commonly made by crushing a plant, animal or mineral substance then putting it into a solvent such as grain alcohol.
- Insoluble solids, such as quartz and oyster shell, are diluted by grinding them with lactose.
- The extract is then further diluted in a mixture of alcohol and water. The process is repeated many times to achieve a therapeutic dilution.
- After each dilution the mixture is vigorously agitated in a machine or by hand that delivers a calibrated amount of shaking. This is called succussion.
- The process of succussion is believed to leave an energetic imprint of the medicinal substance throughout the body of water.
- Remedies can be administered in many forms, including tablets, ointments, liquid, or sprays.
- Homeopathic remedies are non-drowsy and non-habit forming. They cause no side effects and no conflicts with other medicines.
- Homeopathy is safe for women to take during pregnancy, and safe for children and old people.
- Homeopathic remedies are cheap at around £6 per prescription.
Homeopathic remedies are made from natural substances, whether animal, mineral, plant or imponderable. All homeopathic remedies which have been identified for use have undergone a series of dilutions and succussions (shaken) to make various potencies for prescription use. The repetition of this particular process eventually dilutes the original substance beyond its physical form and it is still scientifically unknown how this can work.Read More